The UK: a great place for your business
Every year, the Department for International Trade helps thousands of businesses get set up in the UK.
Bring your business to the UK now
The UK has 65 million potential consumers and is the fifth largest economy in the world. It also:
- attracts more foreign investment than any other European country
- is the easiest European country to do business with, according to the World Bank
- Discover current high-potential investment opportunities
Access a highly skilled workforce
Hiring in the UK gives you access to:
- an innovative workforce - the UK is ranked 2nd in the G20 Global Innovation Index
- graduates from 4 of the world’s top 10 universities
- the largest proportion of people educated to degree level or equivalent in western Europe
Benefit from low business costs
Businesses in the UK:
- pay the lowest corporation tax in the G20
- have lower labour costs than businesses in Germany, France and Italy
- can get a 230% tax relief on research and development costs
Explore UK Industries
With over 17 billion GBP invested in the UK automotive industry between 2012 and 2017, the UK is one of the world’s most attractive destinations for foreign investment.
The UK government is committed to supporting international investment into property development and infrastructure projects.
From producing big budget movies to developing world-class computer games, creativity is thriving in the UK.
Health and life sciences
The UK is the number one European destination for direct foreign investment in health and life sciences.
Get started in the UK
Now is the time to invest in the UK. If you're ready to grow your business, here's how you can do it.
How we help you get set up
The Department for International Trade is here to help. We have all the tools and advice you need to set up your business and start trading in the UK.
Build connections with businesses across your sector
Apply for visas and other immigration documents
Find grants and incentives to help you grow your business
Get insights into specific markets based on your business needs
Grow your workforce, from estimating salaries to recruitment and training