The UK: the best place for your business.
The UK government helps thousands of overseas businesses move here every year with expert help and advice.
Bring your business to the UK now
The UK has 65 million potential consumers and is the fifth largest economy in the world. It also:
- attracts more foreign investment than any other European country
- is the easiest European country to do business with, according to the World Bank
Access a highly skilled workforce
Hiring in the UK gives you access to:
- an innovative workforce - the UK is ranked 2nd in the G20 Global Innovation Index
- graduates from 4 of the world’s top 10 universities
- the largest proportion of people educated to degree level or equivalent in western Europe
Benefit from low business costs
Businesses in the UK:
- pay the lowest corporation tax in the G20
- have lower labour costs than businesses in Germany, France and Italy
- can get a 230% tax relief on research and development costs
Discover UK Industries
With over 17 billion GBP invested in the UK automotive industry between 2012 and 2017, the UK is one of the world’s most attractive destinations for foreign investment.
The UK government is committed to supporting international investment into property development and infrastructure projects.
From producing big budget movies to developing world-class computer games, creativity is thriving in the UK.
Health and life sciences
The UK is the number one European destination for direct foreign investment in health and life sciences.
Set up an overseas business in the UK
Now is the time to invest in the UK. If you're ready to grow your business, here's how you can do it.
How we help
The Department for International Trade helps foreign companies to establish and grow in the UK. Our investor service teams are located in UK embassies, high commissions and consulates in cities around the world. They offer you:
Build connections with businesses across your sector
Apply for visas and other immigration documents
Find grants and incentives to help you grow your business
Get insights into specific markets based on your business needs
Grow your workforce, from estimating salaries to recruitment and training
Thinking of moving your business to the UK? Contact us for help and advice about getting set up.