This is a beta service - your feedback will help us improve it.
The UK: the best place for your business.
The UK government helps thousands of overseas businesses move here every year with expert help and advice.
The UK has 65 million potential consumers and is the fifth largest economy in the world. It also:
- attracts more foreign investment than any other European country
- is the easiest European country to do business with, according to the World Bank
Hiring in the UK gives you access to:
- an innovative workforce - the UK is ranked 2nd in the G20 Global Innovation Index
- graduates from 4 of the world’s top 10 universities
- the largest proportion of people educated to degree level or equivalent in western Europe
Businesses in the UK:
- pay the lowest corporation tax in the G20
- have lower labour costs than businesses in Germany, France and Italy
- can get a 230% tax relief on research and development costs
Discover UK Industries
Set up an overseas business in the UK
Now is the time to invest in the UK. If you're ready to grow your business, here's how you can do it.
How we help
The Department for International Trade helps foreign companies to establish and grow in the UK. Our investor service teams are located in UK embassies, high commissions and consulates in cities around the world. They offer you:
Build connections with businesses across your sector
Apply for visas and other immigration documents
Find grants and incentives to help you grow your business
Get insights into specific markets based on your business needs
Grow your workforce, from estimating salaries to recruitment and training
Thinking of moving your business to the UK? Contact us for help and advice about getting set up.