This is a beta service - your feedback will help us improve it.
Aerospace: grow your business in the UK
- 17% of the entire global aerospace market supplied by UK manufacturing
- 1.95 billion GBP investment in research and development available between 2013-2026
- National Aerospace Technology Exploitation Programme - a 40 million GBP programme supporting 250 SMEs to develop new R&D
31 billion GBP
The UK aerospace industry supplies high-value, high-tech parts for almost every major aircraft platform. The UK exports over 90% of its products and employs over 128,000 people - the world’s second largest aerospace manufacturer in the world after the USA.
The UK government has partnered with the aerospace industry to create the Aerospace Growth Partnership. This partnership works to help UK companies grow their customer base and support the development of new technologies for the next generation of aircraft.
Through the Aerospace Technology Institute, the UK government is funding research and development of 3.9 million GBP to maintain industry growth.
The UK aerospace industry has capabilities in maintenance and repair, aircraft design and manufacturing, and components manufacturing (including avionics and communications components).
- maintenance, repair and overhaul - well supported in Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland and South of England
- aircraft design and manufacturing (including wings and undercarriages) across the South of England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland
- components manufacturing - well supported throughout the UK, including avionics in the North of England, South of England and Scotland and communications systems in South of England and The Midlands
We can help you grow your business in the UK
Whether you’ve already decided to grow your business here or you’re just starting your research, the UK government can help you make the right decision.
Research your industry
You should research your market to help you decide if the UK is the best place for your business. Contact our Investment Services Team to get market research and other expert help and advice.
Want to move your business to the UK?
You’ll need to follow several steps before moving to the UK, including applying for visas and finding the ideal location for your business. Read our UK setup guide.
The UK government can give you free help and support every step of the way. Contact us to find out more.