This is a beta service - your feedback will help us improve it.
Creative industries: grow your business in the UK
- largest design industry in Europe
- 1.6 billion GBP spent in film production in 2016
- 25% tax breaks for foreign film companies moving to the UK
2 million workers employed in UK creative industries
Creative business can thrive here, boosted by our talented workforce, technology partnerships and large scale growth opportunities. The UK’s creative industries are growing 3 times faster than the rest of the economy.
Over 60% of creative sector jobs are held by graduates. These highly skilled workers come from one of the world’s most renowned education systems.
We have a global reputation for excellence across the creative spectrum, including film, TV, advertising, music, fashion and mobile content.
The UK specialises in content production, digital services and technology. This includes TV, film, games, music, publishing and design.
Key strengths include:
- a network of world-class studios for film or television productions of any size across the UK, including South of England, Belfast in Northern Ireland, Wales and MediaCityUK in North of England
- great locations across the UK for filming
- over 2,000 games companies, clustered in cities such as Brighton and Guildford in South of England, London, Manchester in North of England, and Edinburgh and Dundee in Scotland
- London's creative hub - home to 25% of the UK’s architecture sector
We can help you grow your business in the UK
Whether you’ve already decided to grow your business here or you’re just starting your research, the UK government can help you make the right decision.
Research your industry
You should research your market to help you decide if the UK is the best place for your business. Contact our Investment Services Team to get market research and other expert help and advice.
Want to move your business to the UK?
You’ll need to follow several steps before moving to the UK, including applying for visas and finding the ideal location for your business. Read our UK setup guide.
The UK government can give you free help and support every step of the way. Contact us to find out more.