This is a beta service - your feedback will help us improve it.
Energy: grow your business in the UK
- UK’s unique location offers advantages for wind, wave, oil and gas opportunities
- growth in low-carbon industries
- access to world-class engineering workforce
200 billion GBP total cost of energy projects
The UK is improving energy efficiency, expanding renewable and low carbon energy and maximising production of oil and gas.
Energy is a major driver of our growth. Energy projects account for around 60% of our total infrastructure project pipeline.
The UK is one of the best places in the world to invest in renewable energy. We offer significant supply chain opportunities across the sector, including:
- waste energy
- electrical networks
- offshore wind
We’re committed to building a sustainable energy future for the UK, with regulatory and financial support measures to provide attractive incentives to investors. This will help the UK meet projected increases in electricity demand, achieve its low carbon targets and benefit from economic growth.
The UK’s key strengths in energy generation include:
- nuclear energy - North of England is home to Sellafield, the world’s most concentrated nuclear energy site, while South of England is the base for over 180 nuclear organisations and the National Nuclear College
- wave and tidal energy - South of England is home to the Wavehub test site and Northern Ireland has the Seagen tidal turbine
- shale gas exploration in North of England
- offshore wind in North of England, Scotland and Wales
- biofuels in Northern Ireland
- smart cities piloting low carbon technology in Glasgow - see our Technology page.
We can help you grow your business in the UK
Whether you’ve already decided to grow your business here or you’re just starting your research, the UK government can help you make the right decision.
Research your industry
You should research your market to help you decide if the UK is the best place for your business. Contact our Investment Services Team to get market research and other expert help and advice.
Want to move your business to the UK?
You’ll need to follow several steps before moving to the UK, including applying for visas and finding the ideal location for your business. Read our UK setup guide.
The UK government can give you free help and support every step of the way. Contact us to find out more.