Understand the range of UK visas
There are different types of visa for individuals and business depending on your situation. All of these visas are for people from outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland.
Visas For individuals
A Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa may be suitable for you if:
- you want to set up or run a business in the UK
- you’re from outside the EEA and Switzerland
- you meet the other eligibility requirements
Learn more about Tier 1 Entrepreneur visas.
A Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa may be suitable for you if you’re:
- a recognised leader (exceptional talent)
- an emerging leader (exceptional promise)
Learn more about Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visas.
A Tier 2 (General) visa may be suitable for you if:
- you’ve been offered a skilled job in the UK
Learn more about Tier 2 (General) visas.
A Tier 2 (Intra-company transfer) visa may be suitable for you if:
- your overseas employer has offered you a role in a UK branch of the organisation
Learn more about Tier 2 (Intra-company transfer) visas.
A Representative of an Overseas Business visa may be suitable for you if you’re:
- the sole representative of an overseas company planning to set up a UK branch or a wholly owned subsidiary for an overseas parent company
- an employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation posted on a long-term assignment to the UK
Learn more about Representative of an Overseas Business visas.
A Standard Visitor visa may be suitable you if you wish to carry out limited business activities.
There are restrictions on the type of activities in which they can take part (this has replaced the Business Visitor visa).
Learn more about the Standard Visitor visa.
You may need a sponsor licence if you wish to employ someone on a Tier 2 visa.
Learn more about a Tier 2 sponsor licence.